A total of 500 Teduray and Lambangian families affected by “Paeng” were identified by their local Indigenous Political Structure as most vulnerable. WEA Manila, led by Bishop Efraim Tendero, sent 500 Sphere Standard Relief Packs to two communities of Non-Moro Indigenous Peoples (NMIP) within the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM). The first wave of relief operations was done last 15-16 November in Barangay Kuya, Municipality of South Upi, Maguindanao del Sur. The second wave was done last 14-16 December in Barangay Matuber, Municipality of Datu Blah Sinsuat, Maguindanao del Norte. PeaceBuilders Community served as the “delivery team” along with the enthusiastic volunteers from Timuay Justice and Governance (TJG) within the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM). Formal courtesy letters were sent to municipal, barangay, and military authorities.
- By PBCI InfoComm Team
Permanent link to this article: https://peacebuilderscommunity.org/2022/12/wea-manila-brings-relief-supplies-to-teduray-lambangian-tribes-through-pbci-tjg-part-2/
- By PBCI InfoComm Team
Last 07-09 June 2022, Lakan Sumulong participated in a regional dialogue of civil society organization (CSO) leaders on the Bangsamoro Peace Process. It was organized by the Mindanao Peoples’ Caucus, led by Atty. Mary Ann Arnado. The objectives were: (a) to enable Mindanao CSOs to reflect on the new political realities and challenges facing the extended transition period in the BARMM as national government transitions from the Duterte to Marcos presidency; and, (b) to prepare at the earliest possible time to effectively address emerging issues with the end in view of sustaining and protecting the gains of the peace process.
Permanent link to this article: https://peacebuilderscommunity.org/2022/06/pbci-participates-in-the-2022-regional-dialogue-on-the-bangsamoro-peace-process/
- By Lakan Sumulong
10-13 September 2019. Sihaya Ansibod, our Director of Field Operations, invited me to travel with her team. First, we met with our partners among the Erumanen Ne Menuvu tribe on Mt. Agkir-Agkir. Then we visited the Iranun coffee farmers in Alamada who invited us to market their coffee. Afterwards, we responded to an invitation of a Maguindanao farming community who envisions to develop a Robusta coffee plantation near Ligawasan Marshlands. Finally, we sealed our partnership with the Obo Bagobo coffee farmers in Ilomavis at the foot of Mt. Apo.
Permanent link to this article: https://peacebuilderscommunity.org/2019/09/sihaya-solidifies-inclusive-development-network-in-central-mindanao-and-davao-region/
- By PBCI InfoComm Team
Last 15-17 August 2019, our Ina, Joji ‘Lakambini’ Pantoja, represented the Inclusive Development Team of PeaceBuilders Community, Inc. (PBCI) and Coffee for Peace (CFP) at a social enterprise policy forum held at the Office of the Chief Minister, Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM), Cotabato City. Ina made a presentation before key members of the Bangsamoro Transition Authority (BTA), other social enterprise practitioners, and academicians.
Permanent link to this article: https://peacebuilderscommunity.org/2019/08/pbci-cfp-includev-consultant-participates-in-fostering-social-enterprise-in-barmm/
WE’RE SET TO PREPARE THE NEXT GENERATION OF PAR LEADERS
MORE PAR STORIES
- THE ‘MALIPAYON PEACE HUB’ CONSTRUCTION IS ON TARGET AND WITHIN BUDGET 05.October.2023
- HARMONIZING PBCI’S WORLDVIEW WITH INDIGENOUS PEOPLES’ SUSTAINABLE AND REGENERATIVE WAY OF LIFE 15.September.2023
- PBCI-CFP INCLUDEV TEAM EXPLORES PARTNERSHIP WITH P.I.N. IN COFFEE SOCIAL ENTERPRISE DEVELOPMENT IN BASILAN, SULU, AND TAWI-TAWI 31.August.2023
- MATIGSALOG ANCESTRAL DOMAIN SEMINAR PROMOTES SUSTAINABLE COFFEE INDUSTRY AND PEACEBUILDING 25.August.2023
- ‘INCLUDEV’ IS SET TO PREPARE ‘PEACE AND RECONCILIATION’ LEADERS OF THE 21ST CENTURY 24.July.2023
- WE PARTICIPATED IN THE LAUNCHING OF ‘PRINCIPLES FOR PEACE’ IN SOUTHEAST ASIA 12.July.2023
- I’M HAPPY TO SEE THE LAUNCHING OF “KAPEHAN SA DAVAO” NETWORK’S INCUBATION PROGRAM 09.July.2023
- KA BOYET STARTS WITH HIS FIELD WORK AS EVP INSTITUTIONAL AND PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT 27.June.2023
- OSLO BUSINESS FOR PEACE FOUNDATION INVITES JOJI TO BE A PART OF THE U.N. ARENA ON BUSINESS AND PEACE 15.June.2023
- OBO MENOVU COFFEE FARMERS HOLD VALUE-BASED STRATEGIC PLANNING 29.May.2023
- JOSEPH ASTROPHEL “KA BOYET” ONGKIKO IS PBCI EVP FOR ORGANIZATIONAL AND PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT 08.May.2023
- WE’RE PART OF ‘TEAM PHILIPPINES’ AT THE SPECIALTY COFFEE EXPO 2023 IN PORTLAND, OREGON 27.April.2023
- CFP LEADS “KAPEHAN SA DAVAO” — AN ENTREPRENEURIAL SKILLS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM IN DAVAO REGION 14.April.2023
- ACADEMIC PARTNERS JOURNEY WITH US IN DEVELOPING IKSP-FRAMED SOCIAL ENTREPRENEURIAL INCUBATION 31.March.2023
- MANDAYA COFFEE PRODUCERS ASSOCIATION COMPLETES LEADERSHIP TRAINING 20.March.2023
- THE ATENEO DE DAVAO UNIVERSITY INVITED US TO SHARE OUR LOVE STORY 28.February.2023
- WE SHARED ‘CONFLICT TRANSFORMATION’ AND ‘CONFLICT MAPPING’ SKILLS TO OUR ZAMBALES PARTNERS 22.February.2023
- PBCI SHARED JUSTICE AND PEACE CONCERNS OF CIVILIANS AT THE ARMY’S 10TH INFANTRY DIVISION 30.January.2023