We are a missionary community.
We are motivated by love and joy to help transform our land and peoples towards justice and peace.
As missionaries, we have strict qualifications for membership and have a code of ethics and discipline that govern our actions and words.
As a community, we continually seek to share our lives and resources with each other in accordance with the Spirit’s character–“love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control” (Gal. 5:22-23).
PeaceBuilders Community, Inc. (PBCI) is a non-governmental organization based in Davao City, Mindanao, Philippines. We are a fellowship of peace and reconciliation missionaries — peace building field workers, conflict transformation specialists, restorative justice practitioners, disaster response specialists, and community development workers — who are dreaming and working together for a just and active non-violent transformation of our beautiful land. We are registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) of the Philippines: Registration Number CN200630697. PBCI was organized on the ground in 2006 and was registered with SEC in 2007.
PBCI follows a Peace and Reconciliation (PAR) framework, which is a holistic approach to peacebuilding. This framework involves a process of personal transformation and community building, which includes dialogue, training, and conflict resolution. The PAR framework is based on the principles of nonviolence, respect, and empathy.
PeaceBuilders Community has implemented various programs and initiatives to promote peace and reconciliation in different contexts, including conflict-affected areas, schools, churches, and workplaces. Some of these programs include:
- PAR seminars and workshops for individuals and groups, including youth, women, and religious leaders.
- Community-based peacebuilding initiatives, such as the establishment of PAR Communities in conflict-affected areas.
- Humanitarian assistance and disaster response, which includes the provision of emergency relief and the rebuilding of communities affected by natural disasters or conflict.
- Social Entrepreneurial initiatives framed in holistic and inclusive development principles.
OUR ADVOCACY, IDENTITY, MISSION, AND VISION
What kind of peace we’re dreaming of:
- Harmony with the Creator. This is Spiritual-Ethical Transformation.
- Harmony with our Being. This is Psycho-Social Transformation.
- Harmony with Others. This is Socio-Political Transformation.
- Harmony with the Creation. This is Economic-Ecological Transformation.
What we dream of being:
- We dream to be a peace-building community—we’ll seek to demonstrate in our own lives and in our relationships the kind of harmonious and transformational peace we’re hoping for
- We dream to be peace-building operatives—we’ll devote the same discipline and self-sacrifice to non-violent peacemaking that armies devote to war.
What we dream of doing:
- To equip and multiply effective Peace and Reconciliation (PAR) Leaders for the global realities of the 21st Century
- To support the PAR Leaders in organizing and nurturing their initial PAR Teams of volunteers in local conflict zones
- To establish at least one contextually-relevant PAR Community in each of the 81 provinces in our country as home for local PAR Teams
- To develop a national Network of PAR Communities that would work together to train more leaders, to organize more teams, and to establish more communities
What we dream of having:
We dream of having a Network of Peace and Reconciliation Communities throughout our beautiful land, who are organized in partnership with various parts of the people of God, who are mobilized to do ministries of justice and peace, and who will lovingly serve all the peoples of our land unconditionally regardless of religion, ethnicity, or political ideology, to the end that our land will experience shalom-transformation!