16-17 September 2021. After the six-month Inclusive Development Training, the Bagobo Tagabawa community in Barangay Binaton, Digos City begins a long-term partnership with the PBCI-CFP Tribe. This partnership involves community-based, culturally contextualized Social Enterprise Development framed in Peace and Reconciliation (PAR) principles and practices. Because 80% of the participants in this program are women, we are giving greater emphasis on indigenous women’s leadership development. We are sharing the aspiration of the Bagobo Tagabawa Indigenous People to realize and enjoy their right to self-determination and to protect their ancestral domain.
THE BAGOBO TAGABAWA IN BINATON COMPLETES SIX-MONTH ‘INCLUDEV’ TRAINING
- By Lakambini Mapayapa
Permanent link to this article: https://peacebuilderscommunity.org/2021/09/the-bagobo-tagabawa-in-binaton-completes-six-month-includev-training/
FIELD OPERATIONS TEAM DEEPENS RELATIONSHIPS WITH PARTNERS THROUGH FARM VISITS
- By PBCI InfoComm Team
Sihaya Ansibod, PBCI Director of Field Operations, developed the Farm Visitation Program to get first-hand and up-to-date information on the state of our farming partners’ lives, wellness, farming successes, farming challenges, and aspirations. We’re passionate about holistic and inclusive development. We’re very careful not to impose coffee farming if it’s not appropriate in a given social, cultural, or geographical context. We, at PBCI-CFP Tribe, believe that this Farm Visitation Program, an aspect of our on-going Participatory Action Research (PAR) around Mt. Apo, would help us to be true to our philosophy of development — from the ground up.
Permanent link to this article: https://peacebuilderscommunity.org/2021/08/field-operations-team-deepens-relationships-with-partners-through-farm-visits/
TWO PAR COMMUNITIES TAKE LESSONS ON BECOMING ‘FARMERPRENEURS’ OF QUALITY COFFEE
- By PBCI InfoComm Team
Last 15-16 April 2021, the Binaton Bagobo Tagabawa Farmers Livelihood Association (BBTAFLA) in Binaton, Digos City gathered for their 3rd of six months Inclusive Development and Social Entrepreneurial Training. The following week, 20-21 April 2021, the Kapeyapaan Farmers Association (KFA) in Alegre, Bansalan went through their 4th month on similar training. Both communities focused on becoming farmer-entrepreneurs or ‘farmerpreneurs’ of quality coffee within the framework of peace and reconciliation principles.
Permanent link to this article: https://peacebuilderscommunity.org/2021/04/two-par-communities-take-lessons-on-becoming-farmerpreneurs-of-quality-coffee/
KFA TRAINING IN BANSALAN AND BINATON COMPLY WITH PUBLIC HEALTH SAFETY PROTOCOLS
- By Meara Pearlnille
With compliance to public health and safety protocols, Kapeyapaan Farmers Association (KFA) in Alegre, Bansalan started their 3rd month of training last 15-16 March 2021 and the KFA in Binaton, Digos City started their 2nd month last 18-19 March 2021.
Permanent link to this article: https://peacebuilderscommunity.org/2021/03/kapeyapaan-farmers-association-training-in-bansalan-and-digos-city/
OUR INCLUSIVE DEVELOPMENT POLICIES ARE BASED ON WHAT WE HEAR FROM THE GROUND
- By Sihaya Ansibod
In the past few months, I’ve been leading the Field Operations Team of PeaceBuildersCommunity.Org and CoffeeForPeace.Com. We have been immersing ourselves among the farmers around Mt. Apo, specifically among certain Bagobo Tagabawa indigenous communities and certain Settlers’ communities. As we listen to the people on the ground, we adjust our inclusive development policies based on the contexts of the communities we serve.
Permanent link to this article: https://peacebuilderscommunity.org/2021/02/our-inclusive-development-policies-are-based-on-what-we-hear-from-the-ground/
WE’RE BLESSED TO BOND WITH IP PARTNER COMMUNITIES DURING THE CHRISTMAS SEASON
- By Lakan & Lakambini
It has been our joy to bond with our farming partners among the Bagobo Tagabawa Indigenous People in the Province of Davao del Sur who are affected by earthquakes. We delivered 3 water filter sets in Purok Balutakay, Barangay Managa, Bansalan last 21 December. Last 27 December, we delivered 5 sets of water filters in Barangay Almendras, Municipality of Padada. Then last 28 December, we distributed relief packs to 127 families in Purok Malipayon, Barangay Bansalan and another 65 packs to affected families in Barangay Binaton, Digos City.
Permanent link to this article: https://peacebuilderscommunity.org/2019/12/were-blessed-to-bond-with-ip-partner-communities-during-the-christmas-season/
MORE PAR STORIES
- THE ATENEO DE DAVAO UNIVERSITY INVITED US TO SHARE OUR LOVE STORY 28.February.2023
- WE SHARED ‘CONFLICT TRANSFORMATION’ AND ‘CONFLICT MAPPING’ SKILLS TO OUR ZAMBALES PARTNERS 22.February.2023
- PBCI SHARED JUSTICE AND PEACE CONCERNS OF CIVILIANS AT THE ARMY’S 10TH INFANTRY DIVISION 30.January.2023
- CANADIAN PEACE LEARNING TOUR PARTICIPANTS ACCOMPANIED US IN OUR FIELD WORK 23.January.2023
- FAMILY DEVELOPMENT AND MINISTRY TRANSITION BRING JOY TO US AS WE JOURNEY THROUGH THE PANDEMIC 23.December.2022
- WEA MANILA BRINGS RELIEF SUPPLIES TO TEDURAY & LAMBANGIAN TRIBES THROUGH PBCI & TJG – PART 2 19.December.2022
- WEA MANILA BRINGS RELIEF SUPPLIES TO TEDURAY & LAMBANGIAN TRIBES THROUGH PBCI & TJG – PART 1 21.November.2022
- BUDDING TALAANDIG SOCIAL ENTREPRENEURS FINISH THEIR SECOND TRAINING SESSION 14.November.2022
- THE SPIRIT OF MAGBABAYA WAS THERE DURING THE TALAANDIG DAY FESTIVITIES 17.October.2022
- FIELD OPS TEAM EXPLORES RELATIONSHIP WITH A MATIGSALOG INDIGENOUS COMMUNITY 08.October.2022
- PBCI-CFP FIELD PARTNERS INVITE VISITING CANADIAN MENNONITE LEADERS 27.September.2022
- OBO MANOBO FARMERS PRESENT SAMPLE PRODUCT AT THE ‘PHILIPPINE COFFEE EXPO 2022’ 16.September.2022
- PEACE NETWORK ENGAGES GOVERNMENT MILITARY IN A PEACE DIALOGUE 30.August.2022
- TALAANDIG COMMUNITY FINISHES FIRST WORKSHOP ON SOCIAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP 28.August.2022
- 2022 MWC GLOBAL ASSEMBLY IN INDONESIA: A PERSONAL REFLECTION 15.July.2022
- THE ROOTS OF OUR PARTNERSHIP WITH THE OBO MANOBO FARMERS AND WITH THE CSR-EDC GROW DEEP 30.June.2022
- PBCI PARTICIPATES IN THE 2022 REGIONAL DIALOGUE ON THE BANGSAMORO PEACE PROCESS 10.June.2022
- ‘GREEN HABITS’ AND ‘KFA ALEGRE’ FORM A SOCIAL ENTERPRISE ALLIANCE 27.May.2022