16-17 September 2021. After the six-month Inclusive Development Training, the Bagobo Tagabawa community in Barangay Binaton, Digos City begins a long-term partnership with the PBCI-CFP Tribe. This partnership involves community-based, culturally contextualized Social Enterprise Development framed in Peace and Reconciliation (PAR) principles and practices. Because 80% of the participants in this program are women, we are giving greater emphasis on indigenous women’s leadership development. We are sharing the aspiration of the Bagobo Tagabawa Indigenous People to realize and enjoy their right to self-determination and to protect their ancestral domain.
- By Joji Felicitas "Bai Kasunayan" Pantoja
Permanent link to this article: https://peacebuilderscommunity.org/2021/09/the-bagobo-tagabawa-in-binaton-completes-six-month-includev-training/
- By PBCI InfoComm Team
Sihaya Ansibod, PBCI Director of Field Operations, developed the Farm Visitation Program to get first-hand and up-to-date information on the state of our farming partners’ lives, wellness, farming successes, farming challenges, and aspirations. We’re passionate about holistic and inclusive development. We’re very careful not to impose coffee farming if it’s not appropriate in a given social, cultural, or geographical context. We, at PBCI-CFP Tribe, believe that this Farm Visitation Program, an aspect of our on-going Participatory Action Research (PAR) around Mt. Apo, would help us to be true to our philosophy of development — from the ground up.
Permanent link to this article: https://peacebuilderscommunity.org/2021/08/field-operations-team-deepens-relationships-with-partners-through-farm-visits/
- By PBCI InfoComm Team
Last 15-16 April 2021, the Binaton Bagobo Tagabawa Farmers Livelihood Association (BBTAFLA) in Binaton, Digos City gathered for their 3rd of six months Inclusive Development and Social Entrepreneurial Training. The following week, 20-21 April 2021, the Kapeyapaan Farmers Association (KFA) in Alegre, Bansalan went through their 4th month on similar training. Both communities focused on becoming farmer-entrepreneurs or ‘farmerpreneurs’ of quality coffee within the framework of peace and reconciliation principles.
Permanent link to this article: https://peacebuilderscommunity.org/2021/04/two-par-communities-take-lessons-on-becoming-farmerpreneurs-of-quality-coffee/
- By Meara Pearlnille
With compliance to public health and safety protocols, Kapeyapaan Farmers Association (KFA) in Alegre, Bansalan started their 3rd month of training last 15-16 March 2021 and the KFA in Binaton, Digos City started their 2nd month last 18-19 March 2021.
Permanent link to this article: https://peacebuilderscommunity.org/2021/03/kapeyapaan-farmers-association-training-in-bansalan-and-digos-city/
- By Sihaya Ansibod
In the past few months, I’ve been leading the Field Operations Team of PeaceBuildersCommunity.Org and CoffeeForPeace.Com. We have been immersing ourselves among the farmers around Mt. Apo, specifically among certain Bagobo Tagabawa indigenous communities and certain Settlers’ communities. As we listen to the people on the ground, we adjust our inclusive development policies based on the contexts of the communities we serve.
Permanent link to this article: https://peacebuilderscommunity.org/2021/02/our-inclusive-development-policies-are-based-on-what-we-hear-from-the-ground/
- By Lakan & Lakambini
It has been our joy to bond with our farming partners among the Bagobo Tagabawa Indigenous People in the Province of Davao del Sur who are affected by earthquakes. We delivered 3 water filter sets in Purok Balutakay, Barangay Managa, Bansalan last 21 December. Last 27 December, we delivered 5 sets of water filters in Barangay Almendras, Municipality of Padada. Then last 28 December, we distributed relief packs to 127 families in Purok Malipayon, Barangay Bansalan and another 65 packs to affected families in Barangay Binaton, Digos City.
Permanent link to this article: https://peacebuilderscommunity.org/2019/12/were-blessed-to-bond-with-ip-partner-communities-during-the-christmas-season/
WE’RE SET TO PREPARE THE NEXT GENERATION OF PAR LEADERS
MORE PAR STORIES
- HARMONIZING PBCI’S WORLDVIEW WITH INDIGENOUS PEOPLES’ SUSTAINABLE AND REGENERATIVE WAY OF LIFE 15.September.2023
- PBCI-CFP INCLUDEV TEAM EXPLORES PARTNERSHIP WITH P.I.N. IN COFFEE SOCIAL ENTERPRISE DEVELOPMENT IN BASILAN, SULU, AND TAWI-TAWI 31.August.2023
- MATIGSALOG ANCESTRAL DOMAIN SEMINAR PROMOTES SUSTAINABLE COFFEE INDUSTRY AND PEACEBUILDING 25.August.2023
- ‘INCLUDEV’ IS SET TO PREPARE ‘PEACE AND RECONCILIATION’ LEADERS OF THE 21ST CENTURY 24.July.2023
- WE PARTICIPATED IN THE LAUNCHING OF ‘PRINCIPLES FOR PEACE’ IN SOUTHEAST ASIA 12.July.2023
- I’M HAPPY TO SEE THE LAUNCHING OF “KAPEHAN SA DAVAO” NETWORK’S INCUBATION PROGRAM 09.July.2023
- KA BOYET STARTS WITH HIS FIELD WORK AS EVP INSTITUTIONAL AND PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT 27.June.2023
- OSLO BUSINESS FOR PEACE FOUNDATION INVITES JOJI TO BE A PART OF THE U.N. ARENA ON BUSINESS AND PEACE 15.June.2023
- OBO MENOVU COFFEE FARMERS HOLD VALUE-BASED STRATEGIC PLANNING 29.May.2023
- JOSEPH ASTROPHEL “KA BOYET” ONGKIKO IS PBCI EVP FOR ORGANIZATIONAL AND PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT 08.May.2023
- WE’RE PART OF ‘TEAM PHILIPPINES’ AT THE SPECIALTY COFFEE EXPO 2023 IN PORTLAND, OREGON 27.April.2023
- CFP LEADS “KAPEHAN SA DAVAO” — AN ENTREPRENEURIAL SKILLS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM IN DAVAO REGION 14.April.2023
- ACADEMIC PARTNERS JOURNEY WITH US IN DEVELOPING IKSP-FRAMED SOCIAL ENTREPRENEURIAL INCUBATION 31.March.2023
- MANDAYA COFFEE PRODUCERS ASSOCIATION COMPLETES LEADERSHIP TRAINING 20.March.2023
- THE ATENEO DE DAVAO UNIVERSITY INVITED US TO SHARE OUR LOVE STORY 28.February.2023
- WE SHARED ‘CONFLICT TRANSFORMATION’ AND ‘CONFLICT MAPPING’ SKILLS TO OUR ZAMBALES PARTNERS 22.February.2023
- PBCI SHARED JUSTICE AND PEACE CONCERNS OF CIVILIANS AT THE ARMY’S 10TH INFANTRY DIVISION 30.January.2023
- CANADIAN PEACE LEARNING TOUR PARTICIPANTS ACCOMPANIED US IN OUR FIELD WORK 23.January.2023