Friday, 25 June 2021. We rejoice with the Bagobo Tagabawa Tribe for the completion of their cultural village and peace memorial complex. This was originally envisioned by Bai Jerlina Owok, the local chieftain at Barangay Binaton in Digos City, Davao del Sur. They started building their local village to make their community more visible and to tell their story beyond their tribal community. Because of their initiative, various sectors—government, business, civil society, and media—responded and helped concretize their vision. While celebrating with the tribe about these developments, we also reflect on issues regarding encroachment of certain powerful forces into the ancestral domain of the Bagobo Tagabawa.
Tag: Bagobo Tagabawa
- By Lakan Sumulong
Permanent link to this article: https://peacebuilderscommunity.org/2021/06/commemoration-celebration-and-reflection-a-spiritual-journey-with-the-bagobo-tagabawa/
- By PBCI InfoComm Team
Last 15-16 April 2021, the Binaton Bagobo Tagabawa Farmers Livelihood Association (BBTAFLA) in Binaton, Digos City gathered for their 3rd of six months Inclusive Development and Social Entrepreneurial Training. The following week, 20-21 April 2021, the Kapeyapaan Farmers Association (KFA) in Alegre, Bansalan went through their 4th month on similar training. Both communities focused on becoming farmer-entrepreneurs or ‘farmerpreneurs’ of quality coffee within the framework of peace and reconciliation principles.
Permanent link to this article: https://peacebuilderscommunity.org/2021/04/two-par-communities-take-lessons-on-becoming-farmerpreneurs-of-quality-coffee/
- By Meara Pearlnille
With compliance to public health and safety protocols, Kapeyapaan Farmers Association (KFA) in Alegre, Bansalan started their 3rd month of training last 15-16 March 2021 and the KFA in Binaton, Digos City started their 2nd month last 18-19 March 2021.
Permanent link to this article: https://peacebuilderscommunity.org/2021/03/kapeyapaan-farmers-association-training-in-bansalan-and-digos-city/
- By Sihaya Ansibod
In the past few months, I’ve been leading the Field Operations Team of PeaceBuildersCommunity.Org and CoffeeForPeace.Com. We have been immersing ourselves among the farmers around Mt. Apo, specifically among certain Bagobo Tagabawa indigenous communities and certain Settlers’ communities. As we listen to the people on the ground, we adjust our inclusive development policies based on the contexts of the communities we serve.
Permanent link to this article: https://peacebuilderscommunity.org/2021/02/our-inclusive-development-policies-are-based-on-what-we-hear-from-the-ground/
- By Lakan & Lakambini
It has been our joy to bond with our farming partners among the Bagobo Tagabawa Indigenous People in the Province of Davao del Sur who are affected by earthquakes. We delivered 3 water filter sets in Purok Balutakay, Barangay Managa, Bansalan last 21 December. Last 27 December, we delivered 5 sets of water filters in Barangay Almendras, Municipality of Padada. Then last 28 December, we distributed relief packs to 127 families in Purok Malipayon, Barangay Bansalan and another 65 packs to affected families in Barangay Binaton, Digos City.
Permanent link to this article: https://peacebuilderscommunity.org/2019/12/were-blessed-to-bond-with-ip-partner-communities-during-the-christmas-season/
MORE PAR STORIES
- FOUNDING LEADERS AND MEMBERS OF KFA BANSALAN COMPLETE SOCIAL ENTREPRENEURIAL TRAINING 12.July.2021
- COMMEMORATION, CELEBRATION, AND REFLECTION: A SPIRITUAL JOURNEY WITH THE BAGOBO TAGABAWA 27.June.2021
- KFA FOUNDING LEADERS EXPERIENCE BASIC COFFEE CUPPING AND TASTING 18.June.2021
- PEACE AND RECONCILIATION THROUGH INCLUSIVE DEVELOPMENT AND SOCIAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP 31.May.2021
- BAGOBO TAGABAWA FARMERS LOOK AT ‘DEVELOPMENT’ THROUGH THEIR INDIGENOUS IDENTITY 07.May.2021
- OBO MANOBO COMMUNITY DESCRIBES LEADERSHIP QUALITIES OF A DATU 29.April.2021
- TWO PAR COMMUNITIES TAKE LESSONS ON BECOMING ‘FARMERPRENEURS’ OF QUALITY COFFEE 22.April.2021
- A CRY FOR HEALING: PRAYING FOR COMPETENT LEADERS IN OUR COUNTRY 07.April.2021
- STRENGTHENING INCLUSIVE DEVELOPMENT PARTNERSHIP WITH THE OBO MANOBO TRIBE AND EDC 31.March.2021
- KFA TRAINING IN BANSALAN AND BINATON COMPLY WITH PUBLIC HEALTH SAFETY PROTOCOLS 20.March.2021
- TRUE GRIT IN THE EYES OF A MORO FAMILY 14.March.2021
- POWER, PEACE, AND KINSHIP: INDIGENOUS LEADERS SHARE THEIR DREAMS 09.March.2021
- OUR INCLUSIVE DEVELOPMENT POLICIES ARE BASED ON WHAT WE HEAR FROM THE GROUND 25.February.2021
- CHURCH LEADERS’ APPEAL TO SUPREME COURT IN STRIKING DOWN ANTI-TERRORISM ACT OF 2020 05.February.2021
- FOUNDING LEADERS OF KAPEYAPAAN FARMERS ASSOCIATION IN ALEGRE START THEIR TRAINING 15.January.2021
- KALINGA PAR COMMUNITY INITIATES CAGAYAN VALLEY PAR FIELD OPERATIONS 10.January.2021
- FOR US, THE ADVENT EXPRESSES OUR JOURNEY IN CHRIST-CENTERED PEACEBUILDING 31.December.2020
- CELEBRATING ADVENT IN THE MIDST OF COVID19 CHALLENGES AND INCREASING MILITARIZATION 23.December.2020