The message of Peace and Reconciliation (PAR) is articulated and demonstrated even in the midst of CoViD19 public health crisis and the growing unjust governance in our land. This is particularly made possible by 7 budding women entrepreneurs who are being mentored by the PBCI-CFP Tribe. They are Mary, Sihaya, Annie, Wanay, Mandy, Bennette, and Diane. They are developing their own micro-enterprise and have been marketing their products and experiencing encouraging results.
Tag: Aiza Wanay
PBCI-CFP FAMILY GIVES BIRTH TO WOMEN’S SOCIAL ENTERPRISE INITIATIVES AS A RESPONSE TO COVID19 REALITIES
- By Lakan & Lakambini
Permanent link to this article: https://peacebuilderscommunity.org/2020/07/pbci-cfp-family-gives-birth-to-womens-social-enterprise-initiatives-as-a-response-to-covid19-realities/
- By Aiza Wanay Baluyan
I am humbled by this embrace by Bae Jerlina Owok who adopted me as her daughter. This gift of relationship with the Tagabawa Bagobo people became possible only by the Creator’s grace. I pray that this connection would help bridge the Indigenous Peoples of the North and of the South towards a solidarity of all the aboriginal peoples in this whole archipelago. May my life be one of the funnels of this blessing that would unify our multicultural peoples in this rich and beautiful land.
Permanent link to this article: https://peacebuilderscommunity.org/2019/09/as-a-native-of-banao-tribe-i-was-embraced-by-the-tagabawa-bagobo-tribe/
- By PBCI InfoComm Team
Wanay S. Baluyan, a native of Banao Indigenous People from Kalinga Province, is defending her final paper to conclude a two-year internship under the PeaceBuilders School of Leadership (PBSL) program. She’s a Registered Nurse and chose to serve her community and the Cordillera People in their journey towards genuine autonomy and self-determination.
Permanent link to this article: https://peacebuilderscommunity.org/2019/08/woman-from-banao-indigenous-people-in-kalinga-province-graduates-from-pbsl/
- By Sihaya Ansibod
I felt energized by the Spirit of the Great Creator as I listened to my fellow Erumanen Ne Menuvu. I’m aware that the Creator is always with me in everything that I do. Before I left for this trip, I prayed that the Spirit would strengthen me with love, joy, and patience. That’s exactly the strength I experienced. Love. Joy. Patience.
Permanent link to this article: https://peacebuilderscommunity.org/2019/05/energized-by-love-for-the-indigenous-people-of-mt-agkir-agkir/
- By PBCI InfoComm Team
The Banao Tribal Elders from the Municipality of Balbalan, Province of Kalinga graced us with their presence from 27 February to 02 March 2019. During their visit, they affirmed our inclusive development partnership; they went through an orientation seminar on coffee farming, processing, quality enhancement, and marketing; and, they enjoyed key places in Davao City and the Mount Apo area.
Permanent link to this article: https://peacebuilderscommunity.org/2019/03/banao-tribal-elders-from-kalinga-visit-davao-for-par-training/
- By Lakambini Mapayapa
Coffee for Peace, Inc. has been chosen as one of the 10 out of the 280 social enterprises who will be part of the Innovation for Social Impact Partnership (ISIP) — an initiative of the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) in partnership with Philippine Development Foundation (PhilDev). This 6-month program aims “to support promising innovative social enterprises in the Philippines to collectively contribute to the achievement, acceleration, and sustainability of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).”
Permanent link to this article: https://peacebuilderscommunity.org/2018/11/coffee-for-peace-is-chosen-as-part-of-the-innovation-for-social-impact-partnership/
MORE PAR STORIES
- OUR INA, JOJI PANTOJA, IS ONE OF THE THREE HONOUREES OF THE 2020 OSLO BUSINESS FOR PEACE AWARD 09.September.2020
- I’M LAMENTING AND I’M ANGRY ABOUT THE RECENT KILLINGS OF PEACEBUILDING AND HUMAN RIGHTS ACTIVISTS 28.August.2020
- ‘COFFEE FOR PEACE CAFE’ REOPENS WITH APPROPRIATE PUBLIC HEALTH SAFETY PROTOCOL 10.August.2020
- PBCI-CFP TRIBE PARTICIPATED IN A ‘COMMUNITY RESOURCE SHARING’ EVENT 03.August.2020
- IN RESPONSE TO THE NEW REALITIES, WE’RE RECONFIGURING OUR OPERATIONAL SYSTEMS 22.July.2020
- PBCI-CFP FAMILY GIVES BIRTH TO WOMEN’S SOCIAL ENTERPRISE INITIATIVES AS A RESPONSE TO COVID19 REALITIES 10.July.2020
- OUR DIRECTOR OF FIELD OPERATIONS PURSUES INCLUSIVE DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS AMIDST COVID19 REALITIES 03.July.2020
- TALA COMPLETES HER MASTER’S DEGREE FROM EMU’S CENTER FOR JUSTICE & PEACEBUILDING 19.June.2020
- PHILIPPINE INDEPENDENCE DAY? NOT UNTIL WE TRULY ENJOY OUR RIGHT TO SELF-DETERMINATION 12.June.2020
- ANTI-TERRORISM BILL: A POSSIBLE RETURN TO THE DARK DAYS OF MARCOS’ MARTIAL LAW 06.June.2020
- I SUPPORT MY PALESTINIAN SISTERS AND BROTHERS AS WE COMMEMORATE THE 72ND YEAR OF AL-NAKBA 15.May.2020
- IN THE MIDST OF COVID19 CRISIS, A NEW SOCIAL ENTERPRISE IS BORN! 08.May.2020
- WE’RE GEARING OURSELVES UP TO FACE THE PANDEMIC THREAT AS THE NEW NORMAL 17.April.2020
- NCR-BASED PBCI BOARD MEMBERS INITIATE PAR OPERATIONS IN METRO MANILA 06.April.2020
- LOVE-ENERGIZED COURAGE, PEOPLE’S RIGHTS, AND CHEERFUL COMPLIANCE TO COVID19 LOCKDOWN PROTOCOLS 23.March.2020
- OUR PRAYER FOR THE EFFECTIVENESS OF OUR FRAGILE CAPACITY TO SERVE THE URBAN POOR DURING COVID19 CRISIS 16.March.2020
- PBCI-CFP TRIBE PARTICIPATES IN THE 9TH CELEBRATION OF IP-MORO KINSHIP AFFIRMATION 09.March.2020
- SUSTAINABILITY THROUGH IMPACT INVESTMENT, INCLUSIVE DEVELOPMENT, AND SOCIAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP 27.February.2020