Last 30-31 March 2023, the folks at iDEYA — the Center of Innovation and Technopreneurship at the Mindanao State University-Iligan Institute of Technology (MSU-IIT) — invited Lakan, Joji, and Tala for a two-day focused discussion group. Together, they worked on developing a Social Entrepreneurship training program framed in Indigenous Knowledge System and Practices (IKSP). During the meetings, they reflected on their experiences and reviewed their notes on Indigenous social entrepreneurial practices which they learned from the Talaandig Tribe of Bukidnon in the past year. They also planned two features of this project: (a) the production of an IKSP-framed training manual; and, (b) the Impact Day when IP entrepreneurs will present their social business and products to concerned government agencies, business corporations, and non-government organizations.
Tag: Talaandig Indigenous People
- By PBCI InfoComm Team
Permanent link to this article: https://peacebuilderscommunity.org/2023/03/academic-partners-journey-with-us-in-developing-iksp-framed-social-entrepreneurial-incubation/
- By Lakan Sumulong
How does Social Entrepreneurship look like when seen through the lenses of Indigenous Knowledge System and Practices (IKSP)? Last 09-11 November 2022, our Inclusive Development Team travelled to the Talaandig Ancestral Territory in Bukidnon. With the guidance of Datu Migketay Saway and of some Talaandig women and youth, we invested a couple of days seeking to design a Social Enterprise development model that would be sensitive to the worldviews, value systems, and customs of Indigenous Peoples. This is made possible in partnership with the University of the Philippines Mindanao (UP Mindanao) and the Mindanao State University – Iligan Institute of Technology (MSU-IIT).
Permanent link to this article: https://peacebuilderscommunity.org/2022/11/budding-talaandig-social-entrepreneurs-finish-their-second-training-session/
- By Lakan Sumulong
“The Spirit of the Creator was there!” That was the constant existential feeling I had while participating at the Talaandig Day Celebration. It was held last 14 October 2022 in their ancestral territory at the foot of Mt. Kitanglad. That day of festivities was actually the final event of a whole week of rituals and celebrations. It was indeed a day when, from the perspective of our team at PBCI and CFP, we participated in activities that harmonizes us with the Creator, with our being, with others, and with the creation. Our team also accompanied the traditional leaders of the Bagobo Tagabawa Tribe to meet the traditional leaders of the Talaandig Tribe, praying and hoping that the two Indigenous communities become partners in inclusive development.
Permanent link to this article: https://peacebuilderscommunity.org/2022/10/the-spirit-of-magbabaya-was-there-during-the-talaandig-day-festivities/
- By Tala Alngag Bautista
26 – 27 Aug 2022. The Talaandig Indigenous People’s community in Sungko, Lantapan, Bukidnon, finished the first of two social entrepreneurship workshops which was jointly facilitated by Mindanao State University-Iligan Institute of Technology (MSU-IIT), led by Dr. Jinky Bornales, and the Inclusive Development Team of PeaceBuilders Community, Inc. and Coffee for Peace (PBCI-CFP IncluDev Team). With the cultural guidance and leadership of Datu Migketay “Vic” Saway, the seminar-workshop focused on generating Indigenous Knowledge Systems and Practices (IKSP) that can be used in their social enterprise ventures. The participants also identified the products that they want to develop as social enterprises.
Permanent link to this article: https://peacebuilderscommunity.org/2022/08/talaandig-community-finishes-first-workshop-on-social-entrepreneurship/
- By Lakan Sumulong
Our teams at PeaceBuilders Community, Inc. (PBCI) and Coffee For Peace (CFP) are being led, spiritually, to work with the leaders of the Indigenous Peoples (IP) who seek The Creator’s heart and who walk with what we mutually understand as The Creator’s just and peaceful statutes as they serve as stewards of their ancestral domains and as they struggle to realize their right to self-determination. This spiritual perspective of partnership govern the inclusive development strategies we practice in the field.
Permanent link to this article: https://peacebuilderscommunity.org/2019/08/the-partnership-between-the-talaandig-indigenous-people-and-pbci-cfp-is-renewed-and-enhanced/
WE’RE SET TO PREPARE THE NEXT GENERATION OF PAR LEADERS
MORE PAR STORIES
- HARMONIZING PBCI’S WORLDVIEW WITH INDIGENOUS PEOPLES’ SUSTAINABLE AND REGENERATIVE WAY OF LIFE 15.September.2023
- PBCI-CFP INCLUDEV TEAM EXPLORES PARTNERSHIP WITH P.I.N. IN COFFEE SOCIAL ENTERPRISE DEVELOPMENT IN BASILAN, SULU, AND TAWI-TAWI 31.August.2023
- MATIGSALOG ANCESTRAL DOMAIN SEMINAR PROMOTES SUSTAINABLE COFFEE INDUSTRY AND PEACEBUILDING 25.August.2023
- ‘INCLUDEV’ IS SET TO PREPARE ‘PEACE AND RECONCILIATION’ LEADERS OF THE 21ST CENTURY 24.July.2023
- WE PARTICIPATED IN THE LAUNCHING OF ‘PRINCIPLES FOR PEACE’ IN SOUTHEAST ASIA 12.July.2023
- I’M HAPPY TO SEE THE LAUNCHING OF “KAPEHAN SA DAVAO” NETWORK’S INCUBATION PROGRAM 09.July.2023
- KA BOYET STARTS WITH HIS FIELD WORK AS EVP INSTITUTIONAL AND PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT 27.June.2023
- OSLO BUSINESS FOR PEACE FOUNDATION INVITES JOJI TO BE A PART OF THE U.N. ARENA ON BUSINESS AND PEACE 15.June.2023
- OBO MENOVU COFFEE FARMERS HOLD VALUE-BASED STRATEGIC PLANNING 29.May.2023
- JOSEPH ASTROPHEL “KA BOYET” ONGKIKO IS PBCI EVP FOR ORGANIZATIONAL AND PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT 08.May.2023
- WE’RE PART OF ‘TEAM PHILIPPINES’ AT THE SPECIALTY COFFEE EXPO 2023 IN PORTLAND, OREGON 27.April.2023
- CFP LEADS “KAPEHAN SA DAVAO” — AN ENTREPRENEURIAL SKILLS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM IN DAVAO REGION 14.April.2023
- ACADEMIC PARTNERS JOURNEY WITH US IN DEVELOPING IKSP-FRAMED SOCIAL ENTREPRENEURIAL INCUBATION 31.March.2023
- MANDAYA COFFEE PRODUCERS ASSOCIATION COMPLETES LEADERSHIP TRAINING 20.March.2023
- THE ATENEO DE DAVAO UNIVERSITY INVITED US TO SHARE OUR LOVE STORY 28.February.2023
- WE SHARED ‘CONFLICT TRANSFORMATION’ AND ‘CONFLICT MAPPING’ SKILLS TO OUR ZAMBALES PARTNERS 22.February.2023
- PBCI SHARED JUSTICE AND PEACE CONCERNS OF CIVILIANS AT THE ARMY’S 10TH INFANTRY DIVISION 30.January.2023
- CANADIAN PEACE LEARNING TOUR PARTICIPANTS ACCOMPANIED US IN OUR FIELD WORK 23.January.2023