How does Social Entrepreneurship look like when seen through the lenses of Indigenous Knowledge System and Practices (IKSP)? Last 09-11 November 2022, our Inclusive Development Team travelled to the Talaandig Ancestral Territory in Bukidnon. With the guidance of Datu Migketay Saway and of some Talaandig women and youth, we invested a couple of days seeking to design a Social Enterprise development model that would be sensitive to the worldviews, value systems, and customs of Indigenous Peoples. This is made possible in partnership with the University of the Philippines Mindanao (UP Mindanao) and the Mindanao State University – Iligan Institute of Technology (MSU-IIT).
Tag: Talaandig Indigenous People
- By Lakan Sumulong
Permanent link to this article: https://peacebuilderscommunity.org/2022/11/budding-talaandig-social-entrepreneurs-finish-their-second-training-session/
- By Lakan Sumulong
“The Spirit of the Creator was there!” That was the constant existential feeling I had while participating at the Talaandig Day Celebration. It was held last 14 October 2022 in their ancestral territory at the foot of Mt. Kitanglad. That day of festivities was actually the final event of a whole week of rituals and celebrations. It was indeed a day when, from the perspective of our team at PBCI and CFP, we participated in activities that harmonizes us with the Creator, with our being, with others, and with the creation. Our team also accompanied the traditional leaders of the Bagobo Tagabawa Tribe to meet the traditional leaders of the Talaandig Tribe, praying and hoping that the two Indigenous communities become partners in inclusive development.
Permanent link to this article: https://peacebuilderscommunity.org/2022/10/the-spirit-of-magbabaya-was-there-during-the-talaandig-day-festivities/
- By Tala Alngag Bautista
26 – 27 Aug 2022. The Talaandig Indigenous People’s community in Sungko, Lantapan, Bukidnon, finished the first of two social entrepreneurship workshops which was jointly facilitated by Mindanao State University-Iligan Institute of Technology (MSU-IIT), led by Dr. Jinky Bornales, and the Inclusive Development Team of PeaceBuilders Community, Inc. and Coffee for Peace (PBCI-CFP IncluDev Team). With the cultural guidance and leadership of Datu Migketay “Vic” Saway, the seminar-workshop focused on generating Indigenous Knowledge Systems and Practices (IKSP) that can be used in their social enterprise ventures. The participants also identified the products that they want to develop as social enterprises.
Permanent link to this article: https://peacebuilderscommunity.org/2022/08/talaandig-community-finishes-first-workshop-on-social-entrepreneurship/
- By Lakan Sumulong
Our teams at PeaceBuilders Community, Inc. (PBCI) and Coffee For Peace (CFP) are being led, spiritually, to work with the leaders of the Indigenous Peoples (IP) who seek The Creator’s heart and who walk with what we mutually understand as The Creator’s just and peaceful statutes as they serve as stewards of their ancestral domains and as they struggle to realize their right to self-determination. This spiritual perspective of partnership govern the inclusive development strategies we practice in the field.
Permanent link to this article: https://peacebuilderscommunity.org/2019/08/the-partnership-between-the-talaandig-indigenous-people-and-pbci-cfp-is-renewed-and-enhanced/
MORE PAR STORIES
- WEA MANILA BRINGS RELIEF SUPPLIES TO TEDURAY & LAMBANGIAN TRIBES THROUGH PBCI & TJG – PART 1 21.November.2022
- BUDDING TALAANDIG SOCIAL ENTREPRENEURS FINISH THEIR SECOND TRAINING SESSION 14.November.2022
- THE SPIRIT OF MAGBABAYA WAS THERE DURING THE TALAANDIG DAY FESTIVITIES 17.October.2022
- FIELD OPS TEAM EXPLORES RELATIONSHIP WITH A MATIGSALOG INDIGENOUS COMMUNITY 08.October.2022
- PBCI-CFP FIELD PARTNERS INVITE VISITING CANADIAN MENNONITE LEADERS 27.September.2022
- OBO MANOBO FARMERS PRESENT SAMPLE PRODUCT AT THE ‘PHILIPPINE COFFEE EXPO 2022’ 16.September.2022
- PEACE NETWORK ENGAGES GOVERNMENT MILITARY IN A PEACE DIALOGUE 30.August.2022
- TALAANDIG COMMUNITY FINISHES FIRST WORKSHOP ON SOCIAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP 28.August.2022
- 2022 MWC GLOBAL ASSEMBLY IN INDONESIA: A PERSONAL REFLECTION 15.July.2022
- THE ROOTS OF OUR PARTNERSHIP WITH THE OBO MANOBO FARMERS AND WITH THE CSR-EDC GROW DEEP 30.June.2022
- PBCI PARTICIPATES IN THE 2022 REGIONAL DIALOGUE ON THE BANGSAMORO PEACE PROCESS 10.June.2022
- ‘GREEN HABITS’ AND ‘KFA ALEGRE’ FORM A SOCIAL ENTERPRISE ALLIANCE 27.May.2022
- MOVING ON AFTER THE 2022 PHILIPPINE ELECTIONS: A PERSONAL LAMENTATION AND REFLECTION 14.May.2022
- FRIENDS WORKING AMONG ZAMBALES AETAS ESTABLISH PARTNERSHIP WITH PBCI-CFP TEAM 30.April.2022
- PRAYING FOR OUR NATIONAL SITUATION DURING THE 2022 HOLY WEEK 18.April.2022
- KALINGA PEACE AND RECONCILIATION COMMUNITY CELEBRATES FIRST COFFEE HARVEST 25.March.2022
- JOJI SPEAKS AT AN INNOVATION AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP EDUCATION PROGRAM 04.March.2022
- THE HEALING POWER OF REMEMBERING: WHAT EDSA MEANS TO ME 25.February.2022