Sixteen members of Kapeyapaan Farmers’ Association (KFA) in the Municipality of Bansalan, Province of Davao del Sur have completed their six-month training in Social Entrepreneurship. This course is framed in a system of values called Peace and Reconciliation Principles and Practices. Among the 16 vegetable and coffee farmers who have graduated from the course, 6 were elected as founding officers. This initiative is part of a long term Inclusive Development partnership program between the PeaceBuilders Community, Coffee for Peace, and KFA Bansalan.
- By PBCI InfoComm Team
Permanent link to this article: https://peacebuilderscommunity.org/2021/07/founding-leaders-and-members-of-kfa-bansalan-completes-social-entrepreneurial-training/
- By Meara Pearlnille
The Kapeyapaan Farmers Association (KFA) founding leaders in Barangay Alegre are on their 5th month of training. The participants had their coffee cupping and tasting last 16-17 of June 2021 to wrap up their Coffee Quality training. They also had strategic planning for building their association.
Permanent link to this article: https://peacebuilderscommunity.org/2021/06/kfa-founding-leaders-experience-basic-coffee-cupping-and-tasting/
- By PBCI InfoComm Team
Last 15-16 April 2021, the Binaton Bagobo Tagabawa Farmers Livelihood Association (BBTAFLA) in Binaton, Digos City gathered for their 3rd of six months Inclusive Development and Social Entrepreneurial Training. The following week, 20-21 April 2021, the Kapeyapaan Farmers Association (KFA) in Alegre, Bansalan went through their 4th month on similar training. Both communities focused on becoming farmer-entrepreneurs or ‘farmerpreneurs’ of quality coffee within the framework of peace and reconciliation principles.
Permanent link to this article: https://peacebuilderscommunity.org/2021/04/two-par-communities-take-lessons-on-becoming-farmerpreneurs-of-quality-coffee/
- By Meara Pearlnille
With compliance to public health and safety protocols, Kapeyapaan Farmers Association (KFA) in Alegre, Bansalan started their 3rd month of training last 15-16 March 2021 and the KFA in Binaton, Digos City started their 2nd month last 18-19 March 2021.
Permanent link to this article: https://peacebuilderscommunity.org/2021/03/kapeyapaan-farmers-association-training-in-bansalan-and-digos-city/
- By Lakan & Lakambini
It has been our joy to bond with our farming partners among the Bagobo Tagabawa Indigenous People in the Province of Davao del Sur who are affected by earthquakes. We delivered 3 water filter sets in Purok Balutakay, Barangay Managa, Bansalan last 21 December. Last 27 December, we delivered 5 sets of water filters in Barangay Almendras, Municipality of Padada. Then last 28 December, we distributed relief packs to 127 families in Purok Malipayon, Barangay Bansalan and another 65 packs to affected families in Barangay Binaton, Digos City.
Permanent link to this article: https://peacebuilderscommunity.org/2019/12/were-blessed-to-bond-with-ip-partner-communities-during-the-christmas-season/
MORE PAR STORIES
- PEACE JOURNALIST BREWS DEVELOPMENT PARTNERSHIP BETWEEN MANDAYA TRIBE AND PBCI-CFP TEAM 31.July.2021
- FOUNDING LEADERS AND MEMBERS OF KFA BANSALAN COMPLETE SOCIAL ENTREPRENEURIAL TRAINING 12.July.2021
- COMMEMORATION, CELEBRATION, AND REFLECTION: A SPIRITUAL JOURNEY WITH THE BAGOBO TAGABAWA 27.June.2021
- KFA FOUNDING LEADERS EXPERIENCE BASIC COFFEE CUPPING AND TASTING 18.June.2021
- PEACE AND RECONCILIATION THROUGH INCLUSIVE DEVELOPMENT AND SOCIAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP 31.May.2021
- BAGOBO TAGABAWA FARMERS LOOK AT ‘DEVELOPMENT’ THROUGH THEIR INDIGENOUS IDENTITY 07.May.2021
- OBO MANOBO COMMUNITY DESCRIBES LEADERSHIP QUALITIES OF A DATU 29.April.2021
- TWO PAR COMMUNITIES TAKE LESSONS ON BECOMING ‘FARMERPRENEURS’ OF QUALITY COFFEE 22.April.2021
- A CRY FOR HEALING: PRAYING FOR COMPETENT LEADERS IN OUR COUNTRY 07.April.2021
- STRENGTHENING INCLUSIVE DEVELOPMENT PARTNERSHIP WITH THE OBO MANOBO TRIBE AND EDC 31.March.2021
- KFA TRAINING IN BANSALAN AND BINATON COMPLY WITH PUBLIC HEALTH SAFETY PROTOCOLS 20.March.2021
- TRUE GRIT IN THE EYES OF A MORO FAMILY 14.March.2021
- POWER, PEACE, AND KINSHIP: INDIGENOUS LEADERS SHARE THEIR DREAMS 09.March.2021
- OUR INCLUSIVE DEVELOPMENT POLICIES ARE BASED ON WHAT WE HEAR FROM THE GROUND 25.February.2021
- CHURCH LEADERS’ APPEAL TO SUPREME COURT IN STRIKING DOWN ANTI-TERRORISM ACT OF 2020 05.February.2021
- FOUNDING LEADERS OF KAPEYAPAAN FARMERS ASSOCIATION IN ALEGRE START THEIR TRAINING 15.January.2021
- KALINGA PAR COMMUNITY INITIATES CAGAYAN VALLEY PAR FIELD OPERATIONS 10.January.2021
- FOR US, THE ADVENT EXPRESSES OUR JOURNEY IN CHRIST-CENTERED PEACEBUILDING 31.December.2020