The Obo Manobo Coffee Farmers sent their representatives at the Philippine Coffee Expo 2022 (PCE2022) to present their initial product. Datu Romeo Andot, Bai Gemma Andot, and Alvin Baroro were sent by the Manobo Apao Descendants Ancestral Domain of Mount Apo (MADADMA). They were accompanied by Rich Paul Calceta and Don Tormis of the Corporate Social Responsibility Department of Energy Development Corporation (CSR-EDC). Sihaya Ansibod, PBCI Field Operations Director assisted them. The Obo Manobo Coffee presented in this event was the product of a long-term program to develop key farmers who would be the local champions we refer to as ‘farmer entrepreneurs’ or farmerpreneurs. This is part of an on-going inclusive development initiative of MADADMA. We, at PBCI-CFP IncluDev Team, has been tasked to facilitate social preparation, community organization, and training in basic entrepreneurial skills.
Tag: Energy Development Corporation
- By PBCI InfoComm Team
Permanent link to this article: https://peacebuilderscommunity.org/2022/09/obo-manobo-farmers-present-sample-product-at-the-philippine-coffee-expo-2022/
- By PBCI InfoComm Team
28-30 June 2022. The Inclusive Development Team of PeaceBuilders Community, Inc. and Coffee for Peace (PBCI-CFP IncluDev Team) conducted a series of small group consultations and workshop-seminars with our partners from the Ovu Menovu Indigenous People’s community and from the Corporate Social Responsibility Department of the Energy Development Corporation (CSR-EDC). These field activities are a part of a five-year Social Entrepreneurial Training Program among pre-qualified Ovu Menovu farmers.
Permanent link to this article: https://peacebuilderscommunity.org/2022/06/our-partnership-with-the-ovu-menovu-farmers-and-with-the-csr-edc-deepens-in-rootedness/
- By Meara Pearlnille
Our Inclusive Development partnership with the Obo Manobo tribe, together with Energy Development Corporation (EDC), is on its second month of this year’s training. This month’s objectives are: (a) to listen from the elders of the Manobo Apao Descendants Ancestral Domain of Mt. Apo (MADADMA) on the characteristics and structures of the Obo Manobo indigenous leadership; (b) to identify the impact of Christianity in their culture, especially on leadership; (c) to discuss the three basic ways of post-harvest coffee processing; (d) and, to facilitate a hands-on experience on quality seedling propagation.
Permanent link to this article: https://peacebuilderscommunity.org/2021/04/obo-manobo-community-describes-leadership-qualities-of-a-datu/
- By PBCI InfoComm Team
The Obo Manobo Tribal Council, in partnership with the Corporate Social Responsibility Division of Energy Development Corporation, invited the PBCI-CFP IncluDev Team to conduct a series of training seminars in Inclusive Development, Financial Management, Sustainable Agricultural Enterprise, Quality Coffee Processing, and Coffee Marketing. The participants in this 6-month program are key farmers, forestry specialists, and traditional tribal leaders.
Permanent link to this article: https://peacebuilderscommunity.org/2019/09/inclusive-development-initiatives-with-obo-manobo-and-energy-development-corporation-takes-off/
- By Sihaya Ansibod
As we plan through the second half of 2019, our leadership team at PeaceBuilders Community, Inc. (PBCI) continues to explore the possibility of partnership with Energy Development Corporation (EDC). I believe that EDC’s mission — “to provide present and future generations a better life with clean and renewable energy” — is in line with our economic-ecological transformation principles at PBCI.
Permanent link to this article: https://peacebuilderscommunity.org/2019/07/pbci-and-edc-explore-partnership-based-on-economic-ecological-transformation-principles/
MORE PAR STORIES
- CANADIAN PEACE LEARNING TOUR PARTICIPANTS ACCOMPANIED US IN OUR FIELD WORK 23.January.2023
- FAMILY DEVELOPMENT AND MINISTRY TRANSITION BRING JOY TO US AS WE JOURNEY THROUGH THE PANDEMIC 23.December.2022
- WEA MANILA BRINGS RELIEF SUPPLIES TO TEDURAY & LAMBANGIAN TRIBES THROUGH PBCI & TJG – PART 2 19.December.2022
- WEA MANILA BRINGS RELIEF SUPPLIES TO TEDURAY & LAMBANGIAN TRIBES THROUGH PBCI & TJG – PART 1 21.November.2022
- BUDDING TALAANDIG SOCIAL ENTREPRENEURS FINISH THEIR SECOND TRAINING SESSION 14.November.2022
- THE SPIRIT OF MAGBABAYA WAS THERE DURING THE TALAANDIG DAY FESTIVITIES 17.October.2022
- FIELD OPS TEAM EXPLORES RELATIONSHIP WITH A MATIGSALOG INDIGENOUS COMMUNITY 08.October.2022
- PBCI-CFP FIELD PARTNERS INVITE VISITING CANADIAN MENNONITE LEADERS 27.September.2022
- OBO MANOBO FARMERS PRESENT SAMPLE PRODUCT AT THE ‘PHILIPPINE COFFEE EXPO 2022’ 16.September.2022
- PEACE NETWORK ENGAGES GOVERNMENT MILITARY IN A PEACE DIALOGUE 30.August.2022
- TALAANDIG COMMUNITY FINISHES FIRST WORKSHOP ON SOCIAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP 28.August.2022
- 2022 MWC GLOBAL ASSEMBLY IN INDONESIA: A PERSONAL REFLECTION 15.July.2022
- THE ROOTS OF OUR PARTNERSHIP WITH THE OBO MANOBO FARMERS AND WITH THE CSR-EDC GROW DEEP 30.June.2022
- PBCI PARTICIPATES IN THE 2022 REGIONAL DIALOGUE ON THE BANGSAMORO PEACE PROCESS 10.June.2022
- ‘GREEN HABITS’ AND ‘KFA ALEGRE’ FORM A SOCIAL ENTERPRISE ALLIANCE 27.May.2022
- MOVING ON AFTER THE 2022 PHILIPPINE ELECTIONS: A PERSONAL LAMENTATION AND REFLECTION 14.May.2022
- FRIENDS WORKING AMONG ZAMBALES AETAS ESTABLISH PARTNERSHIP WITH PBCI-CFP TEAM 30.April.2022
- PRAYING FOR OUR NATIONAL SITUATION DURING THE 2022 HOLY WEEK 18.April.2022