The Obo Manobo Coffee Farmers sent their representatives at the Philippine Coffee Expo 2022 (PCE2022) to present their initial product. Datu Romeo Andot, Bai Gemma Andot, and Alvin Baroro were sent by the Manobo Apao Descendants Ancestral Domain of Mount Apo (MADADMA). They were accompanied by Rich Paul Calceta and Don Tormis of the Corporate Social Responsibility Department of Energy Development Corporation (CSR-EDC). Sihaya Ansibod, PBCI Field Operations Director assisted them. The Obo Manobo Coffee presented in this event was the product of a long-term program to develop key farmers who would be the local champions we refer to as ‘farmer entrepreneurs’ or farmerpreneurs. This is part of an on-going inclusive development initiative of MADADMA. We, at PBCI-CFP IncluDev Team, has been tasked to facilitate social preparation, community organization, and training in basic entrepreneurial skills.
Tag: Energy Development Corporation
- By PBCI InfoComm Team
Permanent link to this article: https://peacebuilderscommunity.org/2022/09/obo-manobo-farmers-present-sample-product-at-the-philippine-coffee-expo-2022/
- By PBCI InfoComm Team
28-30 June 2022. The Inclusive Development Team of PeaceBuilders Community, Inc. and Coffee for Peace (PBCI-CFP IncluDev Team) conducted a series of small group consultations and workshop-seminars with our partners from the Ovu Menovu Indigenous People’s community and from the Corporate Social Responsibility Department of the Energy Development Corporation (CSR-EDC). These field activities are a part of a five-year Social Entrepreneurial Training Program among pre-qualified Ovu Menovu farmers.
Permanent link to this article: https://peacebuilderscommunity.org/2022/06/our-partnership-with-the-ovu-menovu-farmers-and-with-the-csr-edc-deepens-in-rootedness/
- By Meara Pearlnille
Our Inclusive Development partnership with the Obo Manobo tribe, together with Energy Development Corporation (EDC), is on its second month of this year’s training. This month’s objectives are: (a) to listen from the elders of the Manobo Apao Descendants Ancestral Domain of Mt. Apo (MADADMA) on the characteristics and structures of the Obo Manobo indigenous leadership; (b) to identify the impact of Christianity in their culture, especially on leadership; (c) to discuss the three basic ways of post-harvest coffee processing; (d) and, to facilitate a hands-on experience on quality seedling propagation.
Permanent link to this article: https://peacebuilderscommunity.org/2021/04/obo-manobo-community-describes-leadership-qualities-of-a-datu/
- By PBCI InfoComm Team
The Obo Manobo Tribal Council, in partnership with the Corporate Social Responsibility Division of Energy Development Corporation, invited the PBCI-CFP IncluDev Team to conduct a series of training seminars in Inclusive Development, Financial Management, Sustainable Agricultural Enterprise, Quality Coffee Processing, and Coffee Marketing. The participants in this 6-month program are key farmers, forestry specialists, and traditional tribal leaders.
Permanent link to this article: https://peacebuilderscommunity.org/2019/09/inclusive-development-initiatives-with-obo-manobo-and-energy-development-corporation-takes-off/
- By Sihaya Ansibod
As we plan through the second half of 2019, our leadership team at PeaceBuilders Community, Inc. (PBCI) continues to explore the possibility of partnership with Energy Development Corporation (EDC). I believe that EDC’s mission — “to provide present and future generations a better life with clean and renewable energy” — is in line with our economic-ecological transformation principles at PBCI.
Permanent link to this article: https://peacebuilderscommunity.org/2019/07/pbci-and-edc-explore-partnership-based-on-economic-ecological-transformation-principles/
WE’RE SET TO PREPARE THE NEXT GENERATION OF PAR LEADERS
MORE PAR STORIES
- HARMONIZING PBCI’S WORLDVIEW WITH INDIGENOUS PEOPLES’ SUSTAINABLE AND REGENERATIVE WAY OF LIFE 15.September.2023
- PBCI-CFP INCLUDEV TEAM EXPLORES PARTNERSHIP WITH P.I.N. IN COFFEE SOCIAL ENTERPRISE DEVELOPMENT IN BASILAN, SULU, AND TAWI-TAWI 31.August.2023
- MATIGSALOG ANCESTRAL DOMAIN SEMINAR PROMOTES SUSTAINABLE COFFEE INDUSTRY AND PEACEBUILDING 25.August.2023
- ‘INCLUDEV’ IS SET TO PREPARE ‘PEACE AND RECONCILIATION’ LEADERS OF THE 21ST CENTURY 24.July.2023
- WE PARTICIPATED IN THE LAUNCHING OF ‘PRINCIPLES FOR PEACE’ IN SOUTHEAST ASIA 12.July.2023
- I’M HAPPY TO SEE THE LAUNCHING OF “KAPEHAN SA DAVAO” NETWORK’S INCUBATION PROGRAM 09.July.2023
- KA BOYET STARTS WITH HIS FIELD WORK AS EVP INSTITUTIONAL AND PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT 27.June.2023
- OSLO BUSINESS FOR PEACE FOUNDATION INVITES JOJI TO BE A PART OF THE U.N. ARENA ON BUSINESS AND PEACE 15.June.2023
- OBO MENOVU COFFEE FARMERS HOLD VALUE-BASED STRATEGIC PLANNING 29.May.2023
- JOSEPH ASTROPHEL “KA BOYET” ONGKIKO IS PBCI EVP FOR ORGANIZATIONAL AND PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT 08.May.2023
- WE’RE PART OF ‘TEAM PHILIPPINES’ AT THE SPECIALTY COFFEE EXPO 2023 IN PORTLAND, OREGON 27.April.2023
- CFP LEADS “KAPEHAN SA DAVAO” — AN ENTREPRENEURIAL SKILLS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM IN DAVAO REGION 14.April.2023
- ACADEMIC PARTNERS JOURNEY WITH US IN DEVELOPING IKSP-FRAMED SOCIAL ENTREPRENEURIAL INCUBATION 31.March.2023
- MANDAYA COFFEE PRODUCERS ASSOCIATION COMPLETES LEADERSHIP TRAINING 20.March.2023
- THE ATENEO DE DAVAO UNIVERSITY INVITED US TO SHARE OUR LOVE STORY 28.February.2023
- WE SHARED ‘CONFLICT TRANSFORMATION’ AND ‘CONFLICT MAPPING’ SKILLS TO OUR ZAMBALES PARTNERS 22.February.2023
- PBCI SHARED JUSTICE AND PEACE CONCERNS OF CIVILIANS AT THE ARMY’S 10TH INFANTRY DIVISION 30.January.2023
- CANADIAN PEACE LEARNING TOUR PARTICIPANTS ACCOMPANIED US IN OUR FIELD WORK 23.January.2023