PEACE AND RECONCILIATION (PAR) REALITIES
We envision the future and we live it in the present
:: PEACE REVOLUTION. Peace revolutionaries throughout the country are exponentially growing and reproducing peacebuilders engaged in their local, national, and international contexts.
:: PAR BEYOND. PAR is integrated in various existing conflict transformation strategies and processes (traditional and institutional) across 81 provinces in the Philippines.
:: CHURCH TRANSFORMATION. The Body of Christ has become fully engaged in just peace processes in the Philippines. Churches across the country are applying transformative, radical, and redemptive strategies in responding to local, national, and international concerns.
:: ORGANIC PEACE MOVEMENTS. An organic and dynamic peace movement effectively engaging local, national, and international stakeholders towards a society where truth, mercy, justice, and peace reign.
:: EARTHNICITY. Earth. Art. Ethnic. City. Earthnicity summarizes the prayer, “Your kingdom come, on earth as it is in heaven.” It magnifies the importance of valuing ethnicity, culture, and the arts of local contexts, whether they are from rural or urban origin. The Body of Christ is faithfully living out the Shalom of Christ by recognizing and embracing the diverse historical, social, and cultural realities of all people groups, especially among IPs and Muslim communities in the Philippines.
The people who gathered together and saw these realities are as follows:
- Dr. Mariano C. Apilado is the author of a three-volume ‘Revolutionary Spirituality’, Theology Professor, Church Historian; he organized PAR La Union, and is overseeing PAR activities in northern Luzon
- Twinkle Alngag Bautista is a Kalinga woman who is a PBCI PAR Missionary to Cordilleras
- Regina Lyn Getuiza Mondez is a Sulong CAHRIHL employee who is key to the establishment of PAR in Central Luzon
- Bryan Jay Nahag Paler works with Integral Alliance and is active in establishing PAR Communities in the National Capital Region
- Dr. Aldrin Penamora works full time as Manager of SEAsian Center for Christian-Muslim Relations and is teaching Peace Theology to PAR Facilitators
- Emil Jonathan L. Soriano is the Executive Director of Peace Assemblies Network and is applying PAR in his network of housechurches in Southern Luzon
- Kriz Cruzado works for Mennonite Central Committee and is multiplying PAR Facilitators in Eastern Visayas
- Bennette Grace Tenecio Mañulit works full time for PhilRaDS and is overseeing PAR community development in Western Visayas
- June Rojo is a full time pastor in Valencia City, Bukidnon and is working as PAR Coordinator in Eastern Mindanao
- Jay Atiolla works full time with a mission organization focused on cross cultural missions and is actively establishing PAR Communities in Western Mindanao
- Ka Boyet Ongkiko serves as PAR training and program development designer
- Lakan Sumulong articulates the theological framework in this PAR Movement.
We, as PeaceBuilders Community, has chosen to adapt to their perspective of reality.
Here is where PAR Principles and Practices are being applied in various transformational organizations and movements.
PeaceBuilders Community, Inc. and PAR Philippines has no administrative control over these ministries and organizations who have embraced PAR Principles and Practices. We simply cast the vision, provide training, and serve as consultants as each of them develop their respective sustainability as a part of a national network of PAR Communities.