Just Projects Philippines Foundation, Inc. (JPPF) is dedicated to achieving social justice in the Philippines. Recently, they invited a team of farmers, agriculturists, produce marketing specialists, community organizers, and inclusive development strategists from among the Peace and Reconciliation (PAR) network in Eastern Mindanao and the Greater Davao Area.
Our team visited Redemption Farm on the outskirts of Malaybalay, Bukidnon. There, our team listened to the vision of Consuelo ‘Cho’ Locop, JustProjects’ team leader. She shared her personal life’s journey, her involvement with JustProjects International, and how their various projects, including Redemption Farm or ‘Redfarm’, are helping the local farming communities.
After listening to Cho, our team members from Coffee For Peace, PeaceBuilders Community, PAR Bukidnon shared their respective journeys and experiences in advancing a justice-based peace and reconciliation movement. We openly shared our conviction that this country needs a genuine revolution, but one that is achieved through peaceful, active, nonviolent approaches.
Our two-day visit allowed us to identify our mutual perspectives on justice and peace as they apply to the lives of the farmers in Mindanao, and the whole Philippines:
- Down with exploitative middle-traders who oppress the farmers!
- Walk with the farmers as they discover their own power and as they journey towards becoming ‘farmerpreneurs’!
- Uphold justice in the use of the land!
- Uphold justice in farming primarily for food security!
- Uphold justice in bridging farms and markets!
- Uphold justice in farmers’ financial management education!
Peace and Reconciliation. Economic-Ecological Transformation. It’s happening!